How to Overcome Difficulties When Facing Challenges in Life.
Everyone in life experiences difficulties; as you know, adversity and challenges are inevitable. It comes in all phases of life and has no age barrier. You will experience it throughout your journey of life. Difficulties are a guarantee in life.
Since we know adversity and challenges will arise, why not be ready for it? There are certain ways you can prepare yourself for difficult times. Many of these methods come from within - meaning that it's all about your mindset.
The following are a few methods that have worked for me and I am confident that they can become a part of your life too.
1) Believe in yourself - Confidence is key!
2) Resiliency - Bounce back effect. If you fall, get up and try again. Your ability to bounce back will help you recover quickly from your difficulties.
3) Positive reinforcement This is behavior that will trigger a favorable outcome. Such as the mentality "the world is mine, I am going to make it." Give yourself a self-reward and a pat on the back when you commit to positive behavior.
4) State of mind - Wake up with a positive mindset.
5) Meditation - Find a group or yoga class to relax your mind and get re-focused.
6) Exercise - This is the proven way to feel stronger and clear your head.
7) Positive imagery - Think about what you have done in the past. Such as a football game you have played in, a memory that was positive, a trip with your girlfriend, a trip with your boyfriend, a vacation, a new job that you love. People you hang with that are in a good place, that brings you to a good place.
8) Don't be afraid to fail - Every successful person has failed multiple times; you must fail in order to succeed.
9) Get a mentor - Surround yourself with people who are doing great things and influence you to be better.
10) Remove ego - Get to a place where you don't care about who you are, or what you have, or what people say about you. Do what you know will benefit others and you in return.
Remember, it is not what happens to you that is the problem, it's how you handle the experience so that you are able to better overcome future obstacles.
What other ways have worked for you?
A visit to Boy's & Girl's Club of Chicago to help motivate the Youth!
During the visit, we discuss how to overcome challenges, health & wellness and making a positive choices in life.